Basic Techniques in Computer Graphics
|ECTS 6 (V3/Ü2)|
|Campus Office (lecture), Campus Office (exercise course), L²P Course Room, CG 1 Lecture Notes|
|Lecture||Tue, 10:15 – 11:45, starting Oct 20||AH5|
|Lecture||Thu, 15:15 – 16:45, starting Oct 22||AH5|
|Exercise||Thu, 12:15 – 13:45, starting Oct 22||E3 Room 9222|
|Exercise||Fri, 15:00 – 16:30, starting Oct 23||E3 Room 9222|
|Exam (1st)||Mon, 15th Feb 2016, 13:00||PPS H2|
|Exam (2nd)||Wed, 9th Mar 2016, 10:00||AH VI|
- There is one tutorial every Thursday at 12:15 and one every Friday at 15:00.
- Topics covered on Thursday are identical to those covered on Friday, i.e. there is no need to attend both tutorials.
- The first tutorial is on Thursday, Oct. 22 at PPS H2.
- The second tutorial is on Friday, Oct. 23 in Room 9222 in the E3 building, 2nd floor.
- The location of Thursday's tutorial might change some time in the future, depending on how many students attend. Watch the L²P course room for any announcements.
- If you don't know where room 9222 is, please refer to the information at the Campus Office.
- If you don't know where the E3 building is, please refer to the information on our web site.
- All lecture material, exercise sheets and solutions as well as important announcements will be handled through the L²P course room.
Topics covered in the lecture include:
- Foundations of geometry representations
- polygonal meshes
- volumetric representations
- freeform curves and surfaces
- 3D transformations
- Local illumination
- local lighting
- Global illumination
- visibility problem
- shadow computation
- ray tracing
- OpenGL Rendering
- multi-pass rendering
- image post processing
- Optimization Structures
- Volume Rendering
The OpenGL primer samples can be found here.