Basic Techniques in Computer Graphics
|ECTS 6 (V3/Ü2)|
Find a list of current courses on the Teaching page.
|Intro Lecture||Tuesday, October 27, 12:30 CET||Zoom|
|Lecture Videos||Published on Thursdays, 16:00 CET||Moodle|
|Lecture Q&A||Tuesdays, 12:30 CET||Zoom|
|Tutorial||Thursdays, 14:30 CET||Zoom|
- An introductory lecture will take place on Tuesday, October 27 at 12:30 via Zoom. The Zoom link will be provided in moodle.
- The first tutorial is on Thursday, October 29.
- There will be no tutorial on November 5.
- Geometry Representations
- Polygonal Meshes
- Volumetric Representations
- Point Clouds
- Free-Form Curves and Surfaces
- Voronoi Diagrams
- 3D Transformations
- Spatial Optimization Structures
- Vanishing Points
- Rendering Pipeline
- Polygon Triangulation
- Global Illumination
- Visibility Problem
- Shadow Computation
- Ray Tracing
- Light and Shadow
- Preliminary Lecture Notes (Part 1) (These do not cover the entire lecture! Download only accessible from within the RWTH network)
- Preliminary Lecture Notes (Part 2) (Only parts of these are relevant for this lecture! Download only accessible from within the RWTH network)
- Tomas Akenine-Möller et al.: Real-Time Rendering (3rd Edition). Taylor & Francis, 2008.
- Alan Watt: 3D Computer Graphics (3rd Edition). Addison-Wesley, 1993.
Virtual Machine for Programming Assignments
For the rare case that your system does not meet the requirements to run our programming assignments, we prepared a virtual machine for you as a fallback. Please only use the machine as a last resort, since it has very limited performance! (OpenGL will be emulated in software.)
- Virtual Box Image (Download only accessible from within the RWTH network)