Basic Techniques in Computer Graphics (Only for B-IT Students in Bonn)
|Lecture||Mondays, 13:00-15:15 CET||b-it 0.109|
|Tutorial||Mondays, 15:45-17:15 CET||b-it 0.109|
In WS2023/2024 this course is only offered to B-IT students at University of Bonn. It is not a course at RWTH Aachen University.
The exam will only take place in presence in Bonn.
- The first lecture will be on Monday October, 23rd
- The first tutorial will be on Monday October, 23rd
- Neither lecture nor exercises will be recorded.
- Geometry Representations
- Polygonal Meshes
- Volumetric Representations
- Point Clouds
- Free-Form Curves and Surfaces
- Voronoi Diagrams
- 3D Transformations
- Spatial Optimization Structures
- Vanishing Points
- Rendering Pipeline
- Polygon Triangulation
- Global Illumination
- Visibility Problem
- Shadow Computation
- Ray Tracing
- Light and Shadow
- Preliminary Lecture Notes (Part 1) (These do not cover the entire lecture! Download only accessible from within the RWTH network)
- Preliminary Lecture Notes (Part 2) (Only parts of this are relevant for this lecture! Download only accessible from within the RWTH network)
- Tomas Akenine-Möller et al.: Real-Time Rendering (3rd Edition). Taylor & Francis, 2008.
- Alan Watt: 3D Computer Graphics (3rd Edition). Addison-Wesley, 1993.