We are offering student jobs in numerous areas. Below is an (incomplete) list of currently open positions. Contact us directly to get informations on further available jobs.
Furthermore, we have some jobs to offer in the UROP program. UROP is the new Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme of RWTH Aachen University with the goal to give students from (potential) partner universities the opportunity to carry out their own projects on research-relevant topics, thereby supporting RWTH's research activities and the promotion of young academics within the university.
We are looking for students to aid in the development of research applications in the area of Virtual Reality. The range of potential topics is diverse and will be chosen depending on current project requirements as well as the applicant's skills and interest.
- Navigation in the virtual environment via redirected walking
- Scene reconstruction from laser-scan data and integration into VR
- Improve material and rendering quality of reconstructed 3D models
- Content authoring and modeling for VR applications
- Intermediate knowledge of C++
- Intermediate knowledge of a 3D graphics API (OpenGL/Vulkan)
- Attended the Basic Techniques in Computer Graphics lecture with good results
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Experience with Unreal Engine / Unity 3D
- Experience with 3D modeling tools
- Attended the Geometry Processing lecture with good results
- As soon as possible
- Weekly hours: 8-12 within the first three months (up to 19 later, if desired)
- Longer lasting collaboration would be desirable
Patric Schmitz, M.Sc.
We are looking for students to help maintain and expand our lecture notes for the Basic Techniques, Geometry Processing, and Global Illumination courses. This job may involve re-attending the respective lectures for note-taking in order to keep the typeset lecture notes up-to-date and complete.Requirements:
- having attended and passed the respective course(s) with excellent results
- fluent in English with a clear and simple writing style
- solid knowledge of typesetting in LaTeX, preferably also with TikZ
Janis Born, M.Sc.