Basic Techniques in Computer Graphics (Aachen)
|ECTS 6 (V3/Ü2)|
Find a list of current courses on the Teaching page.
|Lecture||Tuesdays 10:15, Oct 24 – Jan 30||AH V|
|Lecture||Thursdays 12:15, Oct 26 – Feb 1||AH III|
|Tutorial||Tuesdays 18:15, Oct 24 – Jan 29||PPS H2|
|Exam 1||Monday, Feb 5 2018, 14:00||Aula 2 and AH V|
|Exam 2||Friday, Mar 2 2018, 10:00||AH IV|
This course will be taught simultaneously in Aachen and Bonn. For information on the Bonn course, please refer to the other course page.
In contrast to the information in campusOffice, there is only one tutorial per week, which is held on Tuesdays at 18:15 (PPS H2).
The first lecture is held on Tuesday, Oct 24, 10:15 at AH V. The first tutorial takes place on the same day at 18:15 in the room PPS H2.
- Geometry Representations
- Polygonal Meshes
- Volumetric Representations
- Point Clouds
- Free-Form Curves and Surfaces
- Voronoi Diagrams
- 3D Transformations
- Spatial Optimization Structures
- Vanishing Points
- Rendering Pipeline
- Polygon Triangulation
- Global Illumination
- Visibility Problem
- Shadow Computation
- Ray Tracing
- Light and Shadow
- Image Based Rendering
- Preliminary Lecture Notes (Part 1) (These do not cover the entire lecture! Download only accessible from within the RWTH network.)
- Preliminary Lecture Notes (Part 2) (Only parts of this are relevant for this lecture! Download only accessible from within the RWTH network.)
- Tomas Akenine-Möller et al.: Real-Time Rendering (3rd Edition). Taylor & Francis, 2008.
- Alan Watt: 3D Computer Graphics (3rd Edition). Addison-Wesley, 1993.