Basic Techniques in Computer Graphics (Only for B-IT Students in Bonn)
Find a list of current courses on the Teaching page.
|Lecture Q&A||Wednesdays, 14:15 CET||Zoom|
|Tutorial||Wednesdays, 15:30 CET||Zoom|
|Lecture Videos||Published on Wednesdays, 17:00, CET||Moodle|
In WS2021/2022 this course is only offered to B-IT students at University of Bonn. It is not a course at RWTH Aachen University.
The exam will only take place in presence in Bonn.
- The course starts on Wednesday, October 20 at 14:15 via Zoom. (See Moodle for Zoom link.)
- Geometry Representations
- Polygonal Meshes
- Volumetric Representations
- Point Clouds
- Free-Form Curves and Surfaces
- Voronoi Diagrams
- 3D Transformations
- Spatial Optimization Structures
- Vanishing Points
- Rendering Pipeline
- Polygon Triangulation
- Global Illumination
- Visibility Problem
- Shadow Computation
- Ray Tracing
- Light and Shadow
- Preliminary Lecture Notes (Part 1) (These do not cover the entire lecture! Download only accessible from within the RWTH network)
- Preliminary Lecture Notes (Part 2) (Only parts of this are relevant for this lecture! Download only accessible from within the RWTH network)
- Tomas Akenine-Möller et al.: Real-Time Rendering (3rd Edition). Taylor & Francis, 2008.
- Alan Watt: 3D Computer Graphics (3rd Edition). Addison-Wesley, 1993.
Virtual Machine for Programming Assignments
For the rare case that your system does not meet the requirements to run our programming assignments, we prepared a virtual machine for you as a fallback. Please only use the machine as a last resort, since it has very limited performance! (OpenGL will be emulated in software.)
- Virtual Box Image (Download only accessible from within the RWTH network)